Register your account, enter the Awards
Young Authors of Arizona (YAA), a 501(c)(3) non-profit and Arizona’s Scholastic Art & Writing Awards affiliate, invites all grade 7-12 art and writing advocates–teachers, sponsors, luminaries, students, parents–to register your 2017 Scholastic Art & Writing Awards accounts and enter the Awards by December 15th.
Each of the Art Awards’ categories—Architecture, Ceramics & Glass, Comic Art, Design, Digital Art, Fashion, Film & Animation, Jewelry, Mixed Media, Painting, Photography, Printmaking, Sculpture, Art Portfolio—gives Arizona’s grade 7-12 students creative options to meet Common Core standards by sharing their original, technically proficient, and uncensored art.
Each of the Writing Awards’ categories—critical essay, personal narrative/memoir, humor, journalism, poetry, flash fiction, short stories, science fiction/fantasy, scriptwriting, portfolio writing, novel writing—gives Arizona’s grade 7-12 students creative options to meet Common Core standards by sharing their original, technically proficient, and uncensored writing.
Click to learn how to enter the 2017 Scholastic Art & Writing Awards.
“Shine, Arizona!” through YAA involvement from – April of 2017
Young Authors of Arizona (YAA), a 501(c)(3) non-profit, encourages Arizonans to mentor grade 7-12 Arizona students to participate in the annual Scholastic Art & Writing Awards. YAA is also …
- Arizona’s Scholastic Art Awards affiliate,
- is Arizona’s Scholastic Writing Awards affiliate,
- published the first teen-synthesized Best Arizona Teen Writing book in state history,
- followed it up with Convergence: Best Arizona Teen Writing of 2015 and Shine: Best Arizona Teen Writing of 2016,
- has created over $20,000 in scholarships for Arizona teens and wants to create more,
- supports Arizona language and media arts philanthropy projects like “The Garden” mural at MonOrchid,
- puts on workshops, exhibitions, and wants to put on more statewide,
- and needs you to “shine” by supporting Arizona’s young artists and writers.
Each year, YAA must raise at least $10,000 to perform the above-stated functions for Arizona youth language and media arts. With over 1,700 middle schools and high schools in Arizona, as well as many more libraries, galleries, businesses, and community centers, YAA seeks to involve more Arizonans through our Shine, Arizona! 2016-2017 outreach campaign, with the 2017 Scholastic Art & Writing Awards as the scope and centerpiece for our growth.
“Shine” by taking the Shine, Arizona! YAA involvement survey and donating (tax-deductible PayPal link at right) to support Arizona language and media arts!
Read Shine: Best Arizona Teen Writing of 2016
April 16th marks the official marked the release of YAA’s Shine: Best Arizona Teen Writing of 2016 book, an anthology of 87 works by 58 grade 7-12 Arizona authors. Please support our authors by purchasing a book copy (click link above), available for $15 with all proceeds going to YAA, a 501(c)(3) focused on supporting Arizona language and media arts.